Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our First Black Eye

So it only took 8 years but we have finally earned a notch on our belts as parents. We have our first black eye. Well, not us, rather Danny does. A certain Aunt gifted our little family with the game Twister Hoopla for Christmas. We opened it yesterday evening and had tons of fun playing. After a while, when they got tired of playing, the rings from the game ended up outside and being used as Frisbee type objects to throw at each other in a war type game with other kids. About 5 minutes into the game Danny comes to me wailing, covering his left eye, with Ellie following close behind continually apologizing. I didn't think anything of it and had already decided to not make a big deal about it when he got to me. But then he moved his hand and there appeared a HUGE vein bulging from the corner of his eye. Being so close to the eye I rushed him inside for some ice, no longer thinking it's no big deal. I made him sit and relax after he went to the mirror to check it out himself. The bulging went down after having ice on it for a while and this is what it look like the next day.
The Black Eye!


Not 10 minutes later Benny comes in wailing with his hand over his face. After Danny got hurt I made the other kids put the Hoopla game away and play something different. Well, they found a REAL Frisbee and were playing with it and Benny got pegged right in the face, dead center on his nose.

The scar and swelling the next day.
 
Ellie had fallen earlier and hurt her knee but was now fine again but geesh! What is going on here. No more Frisbee for my kids. I sent them all inside after that to make sure that no one else got hurt.

I was a little nervous sending them to school this morning with scars all over their faces!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a day. I hope everyone recovers soon and Andy stays bruise free.

    ReplyDelete