Friday, June 25, 2010
AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I think that I am experiencing a BP swing right now. I am so easily frustrated and upset at things. My kids are driving me crazy. They don't listen and insist on whining all day. Maybe I have too high of standards for them but the need limits and rules. I am keeping them home from the park today because they can't listen. I asked them to pick up the house and that turned into a big fiasco. Danny is of course the only one who ever picks up but whines the whole time that no one is helping him and acts like his world is coming to an end. Benny sits back and watches everyone else do everything and Andy follows his big brother (Benny). Ellie is always off in her own world. They cleaned up the living room after many yelling episodes on my part and I sent them to clean up their bedroom. Three times someone came out and told me that Benny hit them. Danny keeps coming out and tattling on everyone else. Ellie is still sitting in the living room playing with Legos, not even helping the boys. Danny continues to whine every second, telling me in his whine voice that he will be quiet but has yet to accomplish that. I finally came to the conclusion that I need to put my foot down and really show them who is boss. It's hard to single anyone out today so they all are confined to their bedroom for the day. I really don't see that as such a hard punishment as they have someone to play with and there is plenty to do all be it the toys are in the living room. So far it has been about 30 minutes and I hear Benny being the bully he is, Andy yelling that Benny is a "Meany", and Danny knocking on the door trying to come out. I will re-evaluate around lunch time to see how things are going and decide then whether they can come out or not. I do have some grocery shopping to do today but don't feel like taking everyone and making a scene in the store which is what will happen. Please say a prayer for me. It's horrible to say but I am counting down the days until VBS starts next week and they will all be gone for at least half the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment