Monday, August 2, 2010

And so it begins...

Well, we all woke up early this morning and drove south to the Miami airport(only took about 45minutes-surprisingly).  Ben headed out on his way to Cananda for business and will be gone until Saturday. While I am excited for him to be able to travel as much as he will I am also kinda freaking out inside knowing that it will be just ME with the kids. I can handle them, I am just worried about those days where I really need to take a step away from what's going on to catch my breath and that is easier to do with someone else here to supervise. There is always the XBOX to give me a little time away. Like right now, we got home from lunch after the airport and Dr.'s appointments and I let them turn the XBOX on and so far it has been uneventful. This is not always the case though. Usually there is some arguing over who's turn it is and which game is to be played. But so far, so good (said while knocking on the desk a couple of times).

We are planning to head to Jacksonville on Thursday and visit with family until Sunday or Monday, I haven't decided which day to come back yet. We have more Dr.'s appointments on Tuesday so definately have to be back before then. I have arranged for the kids to hang out with Grandma Friday night so that I can go hang out with my Jacksonville friends and play some Bunco. I haven't played in 6 months and am soooo excited! I can't wait. I just hope that the kids don't act up for Grandma. They are usually pretty good kids but I think I expect too much out of them sometimes. I hate to be embarrased by their actions and have to remember that they, most of the time, are just acting their age.
Here's hoping for a good week. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck while Ben's away! If anyone can handle it, you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will make and you can handle it... it's really hard and sometimes really lonely... even with a bunch of kids... make lots of friends, join a gym, catch up on scrap booking, COME TO JAX... glad you are settled and that we are back and you are closer... excited about Bunco... I haven't played in a year or more

    ReplyDelete