Monday, March 1, 2010

In the Kitchen




















A few weeks ago I attended a cooking class put on by the apartment complex where we learned how to make Crab Rangoons, Veggie Potstickers, and Mu Shu. It was so much fun not only to learn how to make some of my favorite food but to be able to enjoy the company of some of my neighbors who I had not previously met. I brought a few things home for my hubby and he loved it.

Last Friday I attempted to recreate these items on my own. It was during lent so I decided to add some scallops that I already had in the fridge to the Rangoons as Crab was WAAAYYYY too expensive. They turned out ok. I also added the scallops to the potstickers. It was a little rough at first but I soon got the hang of it. It is tough not having my kitchen. I am using what is provided by the apartment complex which is sufficient for the task. I would just feel more comfortable having my own items (pots, pans, utensils...). Hubby liked them but we both agreed that the ginger was too much.

So now I am loving the potstickers and made them again last night (Sunday), this time adjusting the amount of ginger and adding more garlic. I also added some sausage to the cabbage filling and it turned out great. I told my hubby that he better prepare himself for more asian cooking because I had such a great time doing this. I even got the kids involved. I found a new blog to follow also that has given me some ideas and tips. I found a dessert idea using bananas and nutella in wonton wrappers and then frying them. SOOO Yummy! Looking forward to my next asian meal at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment